Sunday, September 12, 2021

The battle wages on

 Who would think that a person would be fighting the same battle 11 years later?  There has been pills, diets, and a multitude of workout paraphernalia, but in the midst of all that ZERO real results.   I guess the plus can be that I haven't gotten any bigger.  I just recently started intermittent fasting again and I have given up sweets and refined sugars for another reason.  As a sugar addict, that was the hardest thing I have done to date.  The first few days were the roughest, but I'm proud of the headway I've made.  There are times when I want to cave a little, but I've learned that sugar truly is a drug for me.  The amount of sugar that I was consuming some days is alarming.  It's truly by the grace of God that I'm not a diabetic.   I hate that I let myself get so consumed with sugar because it has made me grey prematurely.   Talk about depressing.   That was a bitter pill to swallow but I'm at peace with it now.   I can honestly say that I feel a lot better.  I'm not as tired.  I don't have as much swelling and inflammation.    I have decided that I may have to forgo sugar for the rest of my life because I can't trust myself to not get caught up in it like before.  Better safe than sorry. I'm hoping that I can see some real results from IF.  I want to start using the gym membership  I have been paying for too.  I feel that 20lbs by Christmas is more than doable.

No comments: